You may know that the Amazon is different from everything you have ever seen. Now, do you know how amazing it is? Do you know what to pack, how to dress, or how to behave? Here we show you!
There are many points you must consider before making your decision. Of course, they are not big trouble, but you should read them to live the greatest experience of your life. We’ll tell you everything you need for your Amazon Tour!
Take a flight from any country to Ecuador. Then get to El Coca town. There we will be waiting for you to get to the lodge.
Our seasons are not the four ones you may know very well: there’s tons of sun, but some seasons are rainy, others are cold as a freezer, and many others are hot as hell. But the weather is almost always warm.
· Pack fresh, fast-drying clothes and a sunscreen. Even if it rains, you would feel hot most of the times because the climate is generally warm with many daily changes.
· Bring only one backpack, hiking boots, a rain gear (including a poncho and a sweater), and your medication.
Although any time of the year is good, May and June are the best months. This is the year’s driest season.
· The dry season has the best weather, so you can hike and enjoy the jungle better.
· The rainiest months are February to April, and the hottest ones are September to November.
Have you seen “Tarzan”? Well, that fact of being far from the civilization is partly right. To enjoy the Amazon at its best, you should know that our lodge and many others are located at the very heart of the jungle, far from any human population.
· We recommend you not to leave our tour guides ever! If you want to visit a particular place, ask our bilingual guides if they can get you there. Don’t go alone, you could get lost!
Remember that you will be inside a jungle, so that’s common indeed. These are not the mosquitoes you may be get used to see in your house, but they are nothing to worry about.
· Just bring a good repellent: don’t forget to use it all the time!
Yes… and no: many tour operators have made a life here to give comfort to tourists, so you will feel the coziness of your own house while being inside a magical place you will never forget.
Bring your camera; you’ll take amazing shots here!
· Also bring waterproof cases and plastic bags similar to Ziplocs to protect your electronic equipment, medicines, and other valuables from humidity.
There are numerous species of exotic, tropical animals:
· And many more!
The Kichwa Añangu community lives and works here for you. They keep their traditions, but they also have learnt the most modern techniques to attend customers as if they were in the best world hotels.
· We have good ways of transportation such as canoes, to get easily everywhere. Besides, inside our lodge we have an Internet connection and telephones.
We offer many different activities for your entertainment:
· Canoe riding
· Canopy Tower
· Kichwa Añangu Community Interpretation Centre
· Parrot Clay Licks
· Ecological Tower
· Forest Trails
Why don’t you pick your tour and visit the Amazon this year? Napo Wildlife Center is waiting for you; come and discover why the Amazon Tour will be your best choice ever.