Departure from Quito in the morning and travel to the Añangu community. We take out the cameras when we reach the black water “Añangu” stream. After brief instructions and advice, we start taking photos on our the way to the majestic Napo Wildlife Center.
Arrival and check-in at the lodge. Photography from the NWC tower at sunset, followed by a delicious dinner. We will then talk about all of the possible activities to do during the next few days at the lodge.
You can choose from the following activities for a full combination of experiences during sunrises, mornings, afternoons, sunsets, and nights. Many can be combined and repeated depending on the weather and the interests of the group. There are plenty of options to choose from whether you are staying for a 3, 4, or 5 night tour.
• Sunrise in the hotel tower (1 to 3 hours)
• Dawn in the NWC canopy tower (30 min to 1 hour duration)
• Parrot clay licks and Kuri Muyu Cultural Center (all morning and lunch)
MORNING AND AFTERNOON ACTIVITIES
• Hike a trail leading to the tower (2 to 4 hours)
• Blackwater creek and lake for otters, caimans, monkeys and birds (2 to 4 hours)
• Monkeys and birds arround the lodge
• Macro photography on the trail behind the lodge
• Night walks on the lodge trail to photograph amphibians, reptiles, and insects
• Night walks on the path to the tower to photograph amphibians, reptiles, and insects
• Observation of alligators and frogs around the lake
• Talks (detailed below)
• How do I use my camera?
• Essential tips to achieve a good photo in the jungle
• Photographic composition
• The correct use of flash
• Post-processing and cataloging your images
• Conservation Photography
• Photo criticism workshop and portfolio review